Roadside Vegetation Management Plan
Council’s roadside vegetation management objectives include:
- To meet legal and community requirements for the provision and maintenance of a safe road network.
- To meet legal requirements for the protection of native roadside vegetation.
- To achieve an appropriate balance between roadside vegetation conservation and the needs of the community for safe access for vehicles and machinery.
- To maintain and enhance the native vegetation occurring on the roadsides.
- To minimise the adverse impacts of activities on native roadside vegetation.
- To raise awareness of the community, Council employees and other authorities involved in activities potentially impacting upon roadside vegetation of the importance of roadside vegetation.
- Develop PACC policy and guidelines in relation to roadside vegetation management.