Customer Compliments and Complaints
Port Augusta City Council strives to maintain a professional, effective, efficient and customer focused organisation that is responsive to the needs of its community (Goal 6 - Council Strategic Management Plan).
We are always looking to improve the services provided to our community and the way they are delivered is important to us.
We feel we can do better and feedback whether positive or negative is a valuable tool in identifying how our service to you can be enhanced.
If you have a complaint in regards to a decision of Council or an officer under Section 270 of the Local Government Act 1999 submit details of the decision you wish to have reviewed and the reason you believe the decision should be reconsidered to:
PO Box 1704 Port Augusta, 5700
If the complaint is in regards to a service that has been provided to you, you are encouraged to lodge a complaint with Council to enable your concerns to be addressed and our service to be improved upon where possible.
Alternatively, if you have a compliment to make about a service provide, then our staff are happy to receive these, as this encourages them to continue to provide services to a high level, and to go above and beyond the call of duty.
Complaints will be dealt with fairly and equitably and Council will maintain transparency in decision making processes to provide a fair and objective review of all decisions and service provisions.
Port Augusta City Council will accept complaints and compliments in the following ways:
- Letter mailed to Council at PO Box 1704, PORT AUGUSTA SA 5700
- Email forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facsimile forwarded to 86410357
- Online submission (refer to form links above)
- By telephoning (08) 8641 9100
- By attending the Council Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
It should be noted that if a customer lodges a complaint in person which is determined to be not a request for service, but rather a failure to provide a service which has been previously requested or relates to the actions of an Officer of Council, the customer will be requested to or assisted to submit the complaint in writing.
Anonymous complaints will be referred to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for consideration and relevant action if deemed appropriate.
- All complaints will be acknowledged within 10 days of receipt.
- Council will endeavour to provide a final response within 10 days of receipt of the complaint.
- If this timeframe is not able to be achieved, Council will contact the complainant to discuss the complaint and reasons for the delayed response and then kept regularly informed of progress
If you are dissatisfied with:
- The outcome of a complaint investigation findings
- Internal review determination
You have the right to lodge an appeal with an external agency such as SA Ombudsman or Police Complaints Authority.
If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome of the above external agencies, then you can appeal to the District Court.
- All compliments will be referred to the appropriate Director and/or department and any staff member/s involved.
- Compliments will be recorded within our Compliments Register, outlining the details of the compliment.
- A copy of the compliment will be placed on the employee's personnel file.