Infrastructure Asset Management Plan
The Port Augusta City Council, PACC, is located at the top of Spencer Gulf approx. 300km North of Adelaide and covers an area of approx. 1200 square kilometres. It is connected by four major state highways, the Augusta Hwy, the Eyre Hwy, the Stuart Hwy and the Flinders Ranges Hwy. The township lies in three major areas Port Augusta, Port Augusta West and Stirling North while rural areas include Blanch harbour and Miranda.
The council provides the transport networks, the stormwater networks, and the wastewater disposal systems among other services. Therefore the assets covered by this Infrastructure Asset Management Plan covers the following assets:
- Roads & Footpaths Assets
- 194km of sealed roads and 41 km of unsealed roads
- 122km of footpaths sealed/paved/concrete
- Stormwater Assets - Pits, pipe networks, pumping stations and Basins
- Community Wastewater Management System (CWMS)
- Bridges & Marine Structures.