127 Stirling Road
PORT AUGUSTA SA 5700
Phone: (08) 8642 5702
Fax: (08) 8641 9157
Hours of Operation
7:45 am – 5:45 pm, Monday to Friday
(Earlier opening may be available by negotiation. Please contact the Centre Manager for more information.)
The Port Augusta City Council has been providing quality childcare services to the Port Augusta community since 1976.
What we have to offer
- A relaxed, friendly and caring atmosphere, with safe, secure, spacious indoor and outdoor areas and an extensive range of educational resources to enhance your child’s development.
- Specific sections for babies, toddlers and kindy children catering for the developmental, social and emotional level of your child.
- Highly qualified, friendly, caring and dedicated educators that are committed to developing partnerships with families.
- A wide variety of play based learning opportunities through structured group activities, quiet times and unstructured play.
- Individual program developed according to each child's needs.
Whether you require care for work, study, "time out", or wish to offer your children socialisation and educational activities, the Centre provides full-time, part-time or occasional care for the following ages:
- 6 wks–2 yrs (Babies Program)
- 2–3 yrs (Toddler Program)
- 3–5 yrs (Kindy Program)
- 5–8 yrs (After School & Holiday Care)
At Port Augusta Childcare Centre:
- We aim to enrich each child's learning by using the Early Years Learning Framework to guide programming to be supportive, free of bias, create a happy and stimulating environment to create curiosity, confidence, and independence and encouraged to have a voice, while learning through play as well as intentional teachings.
- We provide healthy and nutritious meals/snacks while catering to each child dietary needs and religious beliefs.
- We aim to create bonds with children and families, share information, interests and goals, helping each child to have a sense of being, belonging and becoming at the centre and the community as a whole.
- We endeavour to create a welcoming environment, respect the role of the family, and be supportive as well as encouraging and welcoming involvement at the centre through our family advisory committee.
- We will assist and encourage the children who attend the centre to embrace our multi- cultural community, promoting inclusion and acceptance.
*We will build connections with the community groups and external organisations to support children's learning opportunities and engagement with the community.
The Centre's educators will:
- Provide high quality childcare by embracing our policies, procedures and practices.
- Celebrating our successes as well as identifying our areas of improvement and room for growth.
- Respecting each educator's beliefs, options, and ideas by working together as a team to enhance opportunities, create a harmonious and safe environment for all.
At Port Augusta Childcare Centre, we will strive to improve our service to meet the National Quality Standards through self−improvement, critical reflection, with involvement from families, educators and the children. The Centre’s current rating is as follows:
The educational curriculum at the Centre is based on the National Early Years Learning Framework for children under five years and Learning Stories and observations. Learning Stories provide photo evidence and a narrative story about the skills learnt and developed through the experiences offered to your child. The Centre uses ‘Storypark’ to document children’s learning.
The combination of both National Early Years Learning Framework and Learning Stories provide a picture of your child's whole development which is shared with you to enable you to monitor your child’s progress.
Educators will provide your child with developmental programs that encourage and support your child's individual skills, abilities and interest. Families are encouraged to provide input to this process through focus areas, information on special interests or suggestions for further development.
Fees vary according to your income and eligibility for Childcare Subsidy.
Please contact the Centre on 8642 5702 a confidential discussion regarding fee levels based on your individual circumstances.
Food & Nutrition
We have a demonstrated commitment to providing a healthy and nutritional balanced diet for your child. We aim to provide an eating environment that is safe, positive and supports healthy eating for all children.
Meals are freshly prepared on site using quality foods from local services and include a variety of vegetarian, hot and cold meals. All educators are trained in safe food handling procedures.
The Centre can accommodate specific dietary requirements, which will be discussed at the time of enrolment/orientation.
Each day your child will receive morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. The Centre’s menu is set in consultation with a qualified Dietician and in accordance with our nutrition policy, which emphasises:
- Low in salt, sugar and fat
- High in fibre
- Good eating habits
- High nutritional values