Council Approval is required for masonry - brick, or stone fences higher than 1 metre and any other kind of fence, colourbond, galvanized iron, wooden higher than 2.1 metres. Seek Planning advice if you have any enquires.

Council has no authority in respect to the Fences Act and dealings between neighbours. The Legal Services Commission produce a document called Fencing and the Law that contains the relevant information and forms required to assist in fencing negotiations and/or disputes. This Document can be obtained through the Council's Office or through the Legal Service Commission of South Australia - 82-98 Wakefield Street, Adelaide 5000, South Australia. Telephone: (08) 8463 3555.

A copy of the booklet can be found at http://www.lawhandbook.sa.gov.au/ch31s02.php