Fruit Fly Outbreak
Fruit Fly outbreak Port Augusta
A Mediterranean fruit fly outbreak has been declared in Port Augusta.
This means there are restrictions on the movement of some fruit and vegetables, and you have to be especially careful to manage your garden to reduce the risk of fruit fly.
Check the fruit fly map to:
- find out if you’re living or working in the red outbreak or yellow suspension area
- learn which fruit and vegetables are at risk from fruit fly
- find out what you need to do.
Continue to enjoy SA fruit and vegetables, but know the restrictions on moving them around.
- If you’re in a red outbreak area, once purchased or picked, fruit and vegetables at risk from fruit fly can’t leave your property.
In your garden:
- check your home-grown fruit for fruit fly and report anything unusual to the Fruit Fly Hotline 1300 666 010.
- clean up over-ripe or fallen fruit in your garden and put it in your green kerbside bin
- use up leftover home-grown fruit—eat, cook or preserve it
- allow PIRSA access to your garden.
Restrictions will be in place until at least 18 November 2021.
Find out more at fruitfly.sa.gov.au