Qualified Building Surveyor/Unqualified Building Officer
To support the Development Services Department in providing professional services to the Community of Port Augusta. The successful candidate will be responsibility for overseeing building applications and building compliance works against the relevant codes. Unqualified candidates with relevant skills and a commitment to undertaking the necessary tertiary qualifications will be considered.
The successful applicant will have:
- Ability to apply sound judgement and skill in the assessment of Building Applications.
- Experience in the use and application of the Building Code of Australia for Class 1 & 10.
- Accreditation as a Building Surveyor or eligibility for appointment as a Building Surveyor.
- Sound understanding of fire safety relating to buildings.
- Experience in the development control process and enforcement procedures under the Development Act 1993.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships and willingness to work constructively as part of a team.
To apply candidates must submit:
- Completed Job Application Cover Sheet
- Cover letter addressing the Personal Criteria in the Position Description e.g. Skills, Knowledge and Experience/Qualifications