This is a key leadership role, responsible for the management of the Works and Parks department to ensure the effective maintenance and operation of Community assets.
The role is expected to lead a proactive maintenance program, trouble shoot where necessary, effectively allocate resources and deliver a variety of projects and programs that contribute to the safety, reliability, amenity and vibrancy of our City and Community assets.
The successful applicant will have:
- Appropriate relevant qualifications (Tertiary and/or trade)
- Detailed knowledge of civil works construction and maintenance program strategies, activities and techniques relative to the function of general maintenance work
- Demonstrated experience in immobilizing and managing high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of high caliber services (on time, budget and quality)
- Demonstrated experience in key stakeholder management
- Demonstrated effective communication and consultation skills and management of customer relationship
- Experience in management of contractor relationships/accountabilities.
- Experience with budget and resource management
- Current South Australian driver’s licence of at least Class C
To apply candidates must submit:
- Completed Job Application Cover Sheet
- Cover letter addressing the Personal Criteria in the Position Description e.g. Skills, Knowledge and Experience/Qualifications