The Port Augusta Cemetery is located on Carlton Parade and opened around 1883. Burials are still undertaken at this cemetery, however, due to soil instability no re-open are allowed at this cemetery. Plots are not available to be reserved at any of the Port Augusta Cemeteries. Council maintains the general area, while families are responsible for maintaining their relative's plot.
The Port Augusta Cemetery consists of:
*The Black Oaks section is so named becaused it was located near "Black Oak" trees.
"Old" Port Augusta Cemetery
The "Old" Port Augusta Cemetery was located where Braddock Park is today. It is not known when this opened, but it closed around 1883. Most of the cemetery records were destroyed in a fire in the Town Hall in 1944.
Port Augusta SA 5700