Section 270 of the Local Government Act 1999, provides that the Council must establish procedures for review of decisions of the Council and the persons acting on behalf of the Council. The procedures must address the following matters (but may address other matters) :
- the manner in which an application for review may be made;
- the assignment of a suitable person to reconsider a decision under review;
- the matters that must be referred to the Council itself for consideration or further consideration;
- the notification of the progress and outcome of an application for review;
- the timeframes within which notifications will be made and procedures on a review will be completed.
Refer to Council Policy (1.1.05) Internal Review of Council Decisions(190 kb)